JUMPER | SUNGLASSES | LIPS
YAYYY!! I’m excited to finally sit down and put together a list of all the places we went from our trip to Charleston, South Carolina!
Charleston was one of the places I had been wanting to go for a long, long time. I had never been to that part of the country and I really wanted to go on a vacation to celebrate wrapping up The Workshop! I can’t even begin to tell you how much this little city exceeded my expectation. The charm, the food, the people, the vibe- I loved every single bit of it.
I had done a lot of research before the trip and we explored A LOT. I’m excited to put it all together for those that are going to visit 🙂
WHEN TO GO
The time of the year we went was perfect, but to be honest, we definitely could have waited another month. The reason why I say that is because though the weather was perfect in February (not too hot, not too cold), you can tell the flowers were juuuuuust blooming. Had we would have waited a month, a jacket definitely wouldn’t be necessary and the place would be filled with beautiful + colorful flowers.
South Carolina obviously gets pretty humid, so springtime is definitely best!
WHERE WE STAYED
We stayed at this adorable loft Airbnb that was perfect for what we needed. Bathroom was small, but everything else was perfect! Perfect for a couple. It was right in the heart of downtown Charleston and you really don’t need a car to get around downtown!
WHERE WE ATE
- Butcher + Bee – super cute, grammable, and everything was delicious! We went for breakfast and the menu was pretty small, but everything was seriously SO good. It was one of the best banana bread + avocado toast I have ever had.
- Husk – a fun + romantic delicious restaurant in a beautiful Charleston-esque home. It’s perfect for a cute dinner date spot. Definitely, make reservations!
- Xiao Bao Biscuit – We came here for dinner and everyone I know was raving about this place and it definitely didn’t disappoint. They say it’s an “asian soul-food” spot with small tapa style dinner. Everything was seriously soooooo delicious and though I didn’t get to try it, I heard that the Okonomiyaki is the dish to get!
- Leon’s – This was definitely our #1 fave restaurant. We went for lunch and the vibe was great, the food was AMAZING, and I just loved everything about it. We were going to go to Darling Oyster, but we heard that this place was way better and we were SO happy with our decision.
- Rooftop Bar at the Vendue – We came here for drink and appetizers and though everything was amazing, I would honestly go just for the view. It was right around the corner from our airbnb and it was so perfect. We watched the sunset from the rooftop while we sipped on local beer. I highly recommend this spot!
- The Macintosh – Came here to just sit at the bar and for drinks! The dinner menu looked delicious though. The vibe was great and we saw Shelp from the show, Southern Charm, so you know this is a good spot 😉 hah.
- Carmella’s Dessert Bar – okay, so this place is seriously the cutest place. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dessert (duh) and at night, it literally becomes a dessert bar where they serve alcohol, coffee, and yummy desserts. The coffee and desserts were so yummy!
- Middleton Place Restaurant – Middleton Place is a plantation that we visited and they also have a beautiful restaurant that has the most beautiful view and delicious food. This is outside of downtown Charleston, but if you want to check out a place to eat, this is definitely an experience! I felt like I was right out of the Notebook eating here.
- The Obstinate Daughter – On the last day, we went to Sullivan’s Island Beach (where we took these photos) and everyone told us we had to go here for brunch. There was definitely a wait and they do take reservations, so I highly recommend making a reservation. They have delicious food, totally grammable, and it’s a two-minute walk from the beach. Definitely, a place to check out!
Other places we wanted to try, but didn’t get to: FIG, The Daily, Tacoboy, Sugar Bake Shop, The Darling Oyster.
WHERE WE EXPLORED
- King Street – King street is where all the restaurants, shops, and bars are. There’s a whole lot of attraction and it’s super instagrammable! Again, everything is pretty much walkable in downtown Charleston, so if you walk along King Street, you’ll most likely find majority of the things here on the guide!
- Hampton Park – If you follow me on Instagram, this is where I took the pink flower tree photo (though you can find those beautiful trees everywhere). I don’t know what the name of the tree is called, but I do know for a fact that it isn’t a cherry blossom tree hah. Hampton Park is a beautiful large park with a beautiful fountain. There’s not much else, but it’s definitely a beautiful photo opp!
- Rainbow Row – Rainbow Row is a beautiful street of colorful (and grammable) homes. Rainbow Row is definitely a must-see!
- Sullivan’s Island Beach – Sullivan’s Island Beach is about a 15 min drive from downtown and it’s where Kell + I took these beautiful photos with Ashley. It was such a fun, beautiful beach with great vibes!
- Magnolia Plantation + Garden – I must for explain that I felt very, very weird about going to any plantations. Just everything that happened there in the past, the history, everything. I did learn so much and it’s such a big part of history. They also had great messages at plantations about the revolution and where we are today that I truly appreciated. Okay, with that said, I feel comfortable moving forward. Magnolia Garden was the first “formal garden” and it is MOST DEFINITELY worth checking out. It is a huge property, and the garden is unlike anything you’ve ever seen before.
- Middleton Place Plantation – We didn’t have much time to explore Middleton Place, but like I mentioned above, we walked through the property and had lunch at their restaurant, that’s definitely worth a visit. They had sheep running around, horses around the property, it was pretty surreal.
I feel like there’s so much to Charleston that we didn’t get to see, but these are definitely the highly recommended spots that I researched and went to! If you know someone visiting Charleston, be sure to share this guide 🙂